Thank you for visiting and using Lidefuld!
Our mission is to bring everyone more than just mildly interesting products.
We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it and what choices you have about it. As we’re an Internet-enabled webshop, some of the concepts below are technical, but we’ve tried our best to explain things in a simple and clear way (that way we can also understand it ourselves). We welcome your questions and comments on this policy and and suggestions on how we can improve it.
We make a business from selling you our products to you. We do not sell the personal information of our customers and visitors.
Data we collect
All personal data we collect is done with your knowledge as you are part of the collection process.
We collect information about your name, email address and physical address in order to be able to ship products to you.
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order.
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints.
- Process payments and prevent fraud.
- Set up your account for our store.
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes.
- Some products we ship using an international currier service in which case weneed a phone number as this is an requirement from the currier service.
- For us to be able to send a newsletter to you, we collect your email address. We only keep this information for as long as it is needed to do the specific tasks mentioned.
Data our website providers (not us) collect
For uniform representation of fonts, Lidefuld uses web fonts provided by Google. (We would prefer to pay for it rather than paying with data. Regrettably, this is not possible.)
When you open a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly. For this purpose your browser has to establish a direct connection to Google servers. Google thus becomes aware that our web page was accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web fonts is done in the interest of a uniform and attractive presentation of our plugin. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font is used by your computer.
“The Google Fonts API is designed to limit the collection, storage, and use of end-user data to what is needed to serve fonts efficiently.” “[…] requests for fonts are separate from and do not contain any credentials you send to google.com while using other Google services that are authenticated, such as Gmail.” “The font files themselves are cached for one year […] When millions of websites all link to the same fonts, they are cached after visiting the first website and [the] result is that website visitors send very few requests to Google”
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We use a plugin to show the latest photos from our Instagram feed. Instagram is part of the Facebook group (at least until the American anti-trust legislation is either updated or enforced) so we are pretty sure that some kind of data is transferred (in is not declared anywhere).
Data we don’t collect
We don’t collection any information of the following kind:
- Data about your your precise location using your device settings.
- Data related to your IP address, which can be used to approximate your location.
- Data related to your gender, age and preferred language.
- Data from third-parties such as Facebook, Google – neither direct data about you or indirect data (such as your friends or contacts).
- Log data generated from your use of Lidefuld where servers record information (“log data”), including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website, or that your mobile app automatically sends when you’re using it. This includes:
- Your Internet Protocol address.
- Browser type and settings.
- The date and time of your request.
- Cookie data (see a more detailed.
- Device data.
- Device settings and other device identifiers (“fingerprints”).
- Crash data.
- Clichstream data from you using our site (we don’t track your use).
- Clichstream data from third parties such as Facebook and Google. We don’t receive any data from affiliates.
- Other types of identification systems designed to circument legislation put in place to protect the privacy of internet users.
What we do with the data we collect
We only use the info we collect to send you the products you order or keep you updated via relevant (we hope) newsletter. We have a legitimate interest for using your info in these ways. It’s fundamental to what we do at Lidefuld. If prompted by law enforcement (e.g. the police or courts) with legitimate request, we will assist them as well.
What we don’t do with the data we collect
We don’t use your personal information to the following kind of activities:
- Make suggestions to other customers or your frinds and contact.
- Conduct analytics and research on who is using Lidefuld.
- Improve Lidefuld and offer new features.
- Advertise Lidefuld products to you on other sites.
- Ads of any kind from third parties.
- Identifying your interests based on your onsite and offsite activities.
- Use any tags or pixels or similar.
Transferring your information
Choices you have about your info
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices regarding your information. If you have a Lidefuld account, most of these controls are built directly into the settings of Lidefuld which you can access.
We also strongly support settings such as Limit ad tracking on iOS, Ad personalisation on Android devices as well as Do Not Track in browsers. You also have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access Lidefuld. For example: The browser you use lets you control cookies or other types of local data storage, and your mobile device lets you choose how and whether your precise location, photos, contacts and other data are shared with us.
How and when we share information
In general, we don’t share your information.
We only share information with law enforcement agencies or government agencies if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request or to protect the safety, rights or property of the public, any person or Lidefuld, or to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud and security.
How long we keep your information for
You may only use Lidefuld if you are over the age at which you can provide consent to data processing under the laws of your country. If you are a parent and you learn that your child is using Lidefuld and you don’t want them to, please contact us.
You have options in relation to the information that we have about you. To exercise these options, please visit your account settings and, if you still need help, then contact us:
- Request access to the information we collect and hold about you. We’ll share this with you within 10 days of you asking us for it.
- Have your information corrected or deleted. You can update your information on your profile or delete your data by closing your account.
- Object to us processing your information. You can ask us to stop using your information, including when we use your information to send you newsletters. If you opt out of receiving marketing messages from us, we may still send you important updates about your account.
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
If you have any questions about our data processing activities in relationship with GDPR, the data controller you should contact is Heveas ApS, a Danish company with its registered office at Gydevang 39-41, DK-3450 Allerød. You can also contact our Data Protection Officer who is located at the same address.
If you think we haven’t complied with data protection laws, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the European Data Protection Commission or with your local supervisory authority.
How we make changes to this policy
We may change this policy from time to time. If we do, we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Lidefuld after the changes come into effect, you agree to the new policy.
Effective date 1 August 2020
Last updated 1 August